Deliver to:
Please accept my thanks for sending the CD's so quickly. TP Search:
Register
Search Forum:
Scottish and Celtic Music Discussion
Another Soup Song And Swally for Govanhill Pool
Mrs Waterwings
Posted: 09-Jul-2008 20:21
After a break last month because of the Sooside Festival, we are delighted to announce that Soup Song And Swally is back on at McNeill's Bar in Torrisdale Street in Govanhill on the last Sunday of July. So thats July 27th at 1pm for all the fun an' games a boadie needs in Govanhill wi' their claes on.

The same winning formula of a hearty two course lunch, with a choice of veggie or halal dishes available, followed by wonderful music and a well stocked bar where punters can get a right tasty heidfu', will once again be the order of the day.

Heading up this month's musical smorgasbord is blues moothie maestro, Fraser Spiers, who will also be delighting us with his considerable vocal skills as well, ably accompanied by guitarist Alistair Hulett and assisted by the stunningly good Swing Guitars and their irresistible Gypsy Jazz.

Six pounds gets you in, with four pounds concession for the unwaged, and children accompanied by an adult are most welcome indeed to join in too. The afternoon kicks off at Midday, lunch will be served at 1pm and the music begins at Two.
Hope to see you there and don't forget to remember we'll swim again for a' that!!

nic a' phlutes
Posted: 09-Jul-2008 20:59
Sounds like a great day!!! The southside really is so much more interesting than the west end.
Mrs Waterwings
Posted: 09-Jul-2008 22:12
Oh I don't know anything about that, Nicky my dear, but I can certainly say that over here on The Sooside we're not afraid to take the rollers out and let our hair down of a weekend. Mr Waterwings definitely enjoys doing just that and often has his out before the weekend even begins. Anyway please come along on the 27th for a wee taste of la dolce vita, Sooside Style.
Mrs Waterwings.
swaffy
Posted: 09-Jul-2008 22:22
Och Nic, you obviously are not moving in the right circles, have you not been to any of the all night foam parties in the basement underneath Gillespies the Butchers in Anniesland featuring the Packaway Handle Band and the occassional visit from Kenneth MacKellar and Alistair Gillies.??............your missing out.

I got turned away a few weeks ago.............I misread the poster and arrived with my goat.............turned out it was a toga party !!

nic a' phlutes
Posted: 09-Jul-2008 22:28
Gillespies is nice, yes - but I bet you've never had to jump off a no.66 to run into BJ's to use the ladies after a dodgy Italian (meal) on Byres Rd!! Wouldn't happen in Mount Florida!! Gillespies is a bit posh for me - Gennaro's is leagues ahead.
swaffy
Posted: 09-Jul-2008 22:35
Chip Chick Inn..............!
Mrs Waterwings
Posted: 23-Jul-2008 08:19
So nice to receive the Footstompin Newsletter this morning and see our wee afternoon get the gither at McNeill's in Govanhill getting a special menshie. Thank you Elizabeth!

I do hope some of you can make it along this coming Sunday 27th for another delightful Soup Song And Swally in support of the ongoing campaign to have our local pool re-opened here in the southside of Glasgow.

As many of you will know, Glasgow City Council has swung around quite a fair way on this issue. The Govanhill Pool Community Trust now has possession of the keys to the building, with a 99 year lease in place, and expects the restored and upgraded facility to be serving local needs again by 2010.

Helping make that vision a reality for us this month is the renowned blooze moothie wizard Fraser Speirs - ably accompanied on guitar by Alistair Hulett - and the hugely talented and very exciting gypsy jazz duo, Swing Guitars.

Full 'where and when' details are set out in an earlier posting so I won't repeat them again, but simply urge you all to join us for an excellent few hours of good food, great company and superb music, all in aid of The Govanhill Pool Campaign. We'll Swim Again For A' That!

johnnyguitar
Posted: 24-Jul-2008 01:49
Seriously this would have been a gig I would not miss regards to your line up of artists ,I will be at Balloch .I hope even this response means keep it going will get there some night .after my diet of course .
Summary
Member: No
Currency: £'s (GBP)
Deliver to: United Kingdom
Items: £0.00
Delivery: £0.00
Total: £0.00
Weight: 0g
New Arrivals
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
Ross Ainslie
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
£13.27
Out of Stock!
Atlantic Roar
Skipinnish
Atlantic Roar
£13.27
Out of Stock!
© Foot Stompin' Celtic Music Development by Ayeonet Limited
Visa Credit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Debit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Electron payments supported by WorldPay Mastercard payments supported by WorldPay Maestro payments supported by WorldPay American Express payments supported by WorldPay Diners payments supported by WorldPay JCB payments supported by WorldPay WorldPay Payments Processing