Deliver to:
Please accept my thanks for sending the CD's so quickly. TP Search:
Register
Search Forum:
Scottish and Celtic Music Discussion
Singers' Gathering 13th/14th February 2009 Regal Theatre, Bathgate
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 12-Dec-2008 12:34
Worthy of a new thread and in response to the other thread about TMSA events, the Singers' Gathering 2009 leaflet is now printed and in the process of being distributed to clubs, individuals, singing groups.
Dates Friday 13th/Sat 14th Feb at the Regal Community Theatre, Bathgate. It was deliberately NOT put on the national website until all the back-up information and application form was available, although that does NOT mean that no information has gone out: emails have been sent to many groups and individuals and previous attenders of such events. It has been on the ELTMSA website for a couple of months.
The event is being jointly promoted by the EDINBURGH AND LOTHIANS BRANCH of the TMSA and West Lothian Council. Some details are currently available on the ELTMSA website events page (scroll down), and the dreaded (by Jack) pdf of the brochure will soon be available there. (Print page 2 for application).
If Queenbee or anyone else wishes details she can either use the email address shown or one of the telephone numbers, and I'll be happy to send her a brochure.
In brief, Friday night concert with Ewan Robertson (BBC Radio Scotland Young Trad Musician of the Year 2008) and the Cast, followed by singers' session.
Singer in Residence for the event: Mairi Campbell.
Saturday am workshops with Mairi (Sahaja Yoga and the Voice), The Red Yoyo (songs and presentation on the life and times of Matt McGinn), "Doh Ray Me when Ah wis wee" with Ewan McVicar.
Saturday pm workshops: the Muckle Sing for Community singing groups (and anyone else interested) with Craig Morgan and Robson, or Wendy Carle Taylor with songs reflecting the Homecoming and beauty of Scotland.
Evening concert with Mairi Campbell, Ailsa Cole and Kirsty Law, and Craig, Morgan and Robson.
Full details of pricing on the brochure, but you can attend the WHOLE thing for a very reasonable £27 full price or £19 concession. Box office now open: 01506 433634.

http://www.eltmsa.org.uk/

weeboyagee
Posted: 12-Dec-2008 14:10
Last time I was in the Regal in Bathgate (and it was my first time to see a film!) was John Travolta and Saturday Night Fever! Glad to see that the calibre has improved since! I lived in Livingston at the time - when Knightsridge wasn't connected to Ladywell by a flyover and you had to change in Broxburn on the 201 to get a bus into Edinburgh on Eastern Scottish - div ye mind biye, aye, div ye mind!!??

WBG

Tattie Bogle
Posted: 12-Dec-2008 20:33
What century was that in?
andymac
Posted: 13-Dec-2008 08:49
TB, can you email me (admcinally yahoodotcom) details of the Gathering and I'll make sure it goes out to the Glasgow branch members too. I'll try and get along though that is probably more of a threat than a promise!

Onny
Posted: 13-Dec-2008 10:22
I hope the Glasgow branch is more effective at communicating with local members than the National Office is at communicating with the Scotland-wide membership.
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 13-Dec-2008 17:38
Will do, Andymac.
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 17-Dec-2008 00:14
Full details now on ELTMSA website events page:
http://www.eltmsa.org.uk/
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 17-Dec-2008 13:11
And link on TMSA events page (scroll down a bit as events are listed chronologically)
http://www.tmsa.org.uk/events/index.asp
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 27-Dec-2008 12:35
Christmas Hols at the Box office, until 5th Jan, so expect another bump thereafter.
New West Lothian Arts events booklet just arrived in the post today.
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 04-Jan-2009 13:22
Box office re-opens tomorrow (5th) so get booking!
RenaRuadh
Posted: 05-Jan-2009 07:50
That sounds fantastic, TB. I missed the Scots Music Group event last year but I think I should be able to make it to the Bathgate one.
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 07-Jan-2009 01:31
Look forward to seeing you there RR! I think you have my email if you need a copy of the brochure.
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 09-Jan-2009 11:29
In response to an enquiry I had yesterday, concessionary rates apply to groups who are affiliated to the TMSA as well. If making a group booking just say TMSA members.
thedemopage
Posted: 09-Jan-2009 11:33
If you have an image of the flyer and you think it will help, you can email it to me at thedemopage@gmail.coma nd I will post it up as an ad with a link to the forum as well. This also applies to all events.

regards
craig
http://www.thedemopage.com

Onny
Posted: 09-Jan-2009 11:48
gmail can be slow, but comatose?
thedemopage
Posted: 10-Jan-2009 10:30
whoops, looks like my fingers where working faster than my brain.

it should be thedemopage@gmail.com

thx

Tattie Bogle
Posted: 10-Jan-2009 14:19
Thanks for the kind offer, demopage, but there is already a link at the top of this thread, which takes you to the brochure.
However, I have passed your details/link to my son who is a musician and based in Leeds, as your site may be of interest to him.
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 14-Jan-2009 15:25
Halfway down page 4: that will never do!
BUMP!!
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 18-Jan-2009 23:47
B-U-U-U-U-U-M-P!
Tattie Bogle
Posted: 19-Jan-2009 15:47
Somebody bump me please,
Somebody bump me please,
Won't somebody bump me up the page?
(Apologies to Spencer Davis Group)
Summary
Member: No
Currency: £'s (GBP)
Deliver to: United Kingdom
Items: £0.00
Delivery: £0.00
Total: £0.00
Weight: 0g
New Arrivals
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
Ross Ainslie
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
£13.27
Out of Stock!
Atlantic Roar
Skipinnish
Atlantic Roar
£13.27
Out of Stock!
© Foot Stompin' Celtic Music Development by Ayeonet Limited
Visa Credit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Debit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Electron payments supported by WorldPay Mastercard payments supported by WorldPay Maestro payments supported by WorldPay American Express payments supported by WorldPay Diners payments supported by WorldPay JCB payments supported by WorldPay WorldPay Payments Processing