You are not signed in
/
Your currency £ $
Deliver to:
Please accept my thanks for sending the CD's so quickly. TP Search:
Register
Search Forum:
Scottish and Celtic Music Discussion
Shetland - and the need for good stamina...
Duncmac
Posted: 05-May-2012 12:30
Just heard from a good pal in Lerwick who was heading back to his digs to catch a few hours of shut-eye at 12 noon after being up all night long, enjoying sessions, followed by a spot of breakfast at 6am this morning, followed by more sessions.
I guess he'll experience that thing they call Shetlag by the time Monday morning comes around.

mandobass
Posted: 05-May-2012 20:35
Kinda wishing we'd made the effort to get back up this year, although we've been having a fine time of it in and around Portyree for the past few days.
I saw a post on Facebook this afternoon from Mhari who said that some musicians hadn't been to bed at all since arriving on Thursday!
Elizabeth.
Posted: 08-May-2012 09:48
Here's a 'midway' review of the festival from the Shetland Times:

"No snow without punch as folk festival lights up Cullivoe"
http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2012/05/05/no-snow-without-punch-as-folk-festival-lights-up-cullivoe

Duncmac
Posted: 08-May-2012 18:09
Spare a thought for the poor beggars with the Shetlag hangovers who will be on the ferry back to Aberdeen tonight. There's a Force 9 forecast!
QueenBee
Posted: 09-May-2012 09:07
I've been hearing loads of great reports from Shetland where the volunteers and organising committee are all gaining just as much praise as the musicians, as usual.
It's a mammoth task and they always pull it off with such style and generosity of spirit.
Well done one and all!
BGPR
Posted: 11-May-2012 00:17
Shetland Folk Festival as experienced by The Hot Seats (don't click if you find the odd swear word upsetting):
https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-hot-seats/return-from-northern-fantasies-/10150800687551274
mandobass
Posted: 11-May-2012 13:38
Brilliant!
hedley
Posted: 13-May-2012 20:03
That's priceless and a great piece of writing. They just captured it all so well.
Rollercoaster ride or what!
Summary
Member: No
Currency: £'s (GBP)
Deliver to: United Kingdom
Items: £0.00
Delivery: £0.00
Total: £0.00
Weight: 0g
New Arrivals
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
Ross Ainslie
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
£13.27
Out of Stock!
Atlantic Roar
Skipinnish
Atlantic Roar
£13.27
Out of Stock!
© Foot Stompin' Celtic Music Development by Ayeonet Limited
Visa Credit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Debit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Electron payments supported by WorldPay Mastercard payments supported by WorldPay Maestro payments supported by WorldPay American Express payments supported by WorldPay Diners payments supported by WorldPay JCB payments supported by WorldPay WorldPay Payments Processing