Deliver to:
Please accept my thanks for sending the CD's so quickly. TP Search:
Register
Search Forum:
Scottish and Celtic Music Discussion
Grumpy Old Folkies
Onny
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 17:29
bigmooth (by nature as well as name it would seem) tells us "Yes I know and yes, I'm not telling."

Just bangin' yer gums then ya big crapper?

Viper
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 17:48
Mr guitar.. part scroting sounds v. painful at any age.
JAJ
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 17:53
Onny, I'd wouldn't advise you to say that to her face.
Just stick to the safety of the keyboard and pseudynom. :-)
Elizabeth.
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 17:55
Surely Onny you aren't really expecting bigmooth to NAME these folk here

In my roll of Forum Admin, I would rather bigmooth didn''t .

Elizabeth

Onny
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:10
Why ever not.

Surely bigmooth has evidence. No?

JAJ
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:12
I've got plenty of evidence about you too, Onny, but I still keep quiet. :-)
Onny
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:15
Most of it was collected in your 'professional' capacity and would be time barred ;-)
QueenBee
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:31
My current hate is the voice of the female who declares "Master Chef is GOING LARGE".
Can anyone put a name to that?
johnnyguitar
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:42
So whats wrong with a play about a lock in then my post seems to have been given a body swerve.
To close to the bone ? Plenty Arran Jumpers for props .
strungoot
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:46
`The easy bit is getting a few of you together set up a bar on stage or whereever audiance mingles with there bear ect and we have a Ricky Gervias type session with these grumpy bits exagerated a a few special guests and volenteers`

Is the lock in still gaun on.....??
And whaur is it btw.....??

Onny
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:52
Props don't wear Aran jumpers, johnnyguitar; they wear shirts, shorts and athletic supports.

You get the piece finished, published and on stage and I'm sure we'll all come to the first night (if only to try to recognise ourselves).

johnnyguitar
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 18:55
I been writing my play idea planned years ago to see if it could be a realistic and fun event . So maybe now If you think you could play a charecter let me know i.e would you be the charecter with the brand new Bohran ?
Auldtimer
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 20:58
If there's a part for an attractive female of the silver haired variety you can count me in, johnny! And I cannae play the bodhran - but then so few people can!
johnnyguitar
Posted: 09-Mar-2007 23:44
I know more who cant .Ithink to make it work it would interesting if we swopped instruments and played the part of being the annoying player with your own context . p.s Iassumed your name was male but if your covers blown your welcome .Also camp festival organiser .and mumbling M.C,s,
bigmooth
Posted: 10-Mar-2007 08:22
Yeah yeah Onny I'm just a bigmooth feartie.
With all the legal knowledge you've shown here in the past you know perfectly well why I won't name people.
bigmooth
Posted: 10-Mar-2007 08:30
Floor spots who will not obey the time rules from the compere. I now tell people how long they have as opposed to how many songs/tunes. After some grueling intros and 40 verse songs experiences. Boy wiz I grumpy then.

I could be the snarling compere in the film being planned. If it's wide screen.

Onny
Posted: 10-Mar-2007 08:41
Surely the truth of any the truth of a statement you might make would exonerate you from any liability. You do have proof, don't you?

I could, perhaps, understand if you were a performer who was wary of the effect of such a revelation might have on your career. I could equally understand it if you were involved in running a folk club and were concerned about your standing among oter folk club organisers.

As an ordinary punter I'm concerned that, as yet, unsubstantiated allegations about "CRAP wages" are being made about unnamed people within the folk scene, especially when those making the allegations claim to know who the guilty parties are, yet won't say.

johnnyguitar
Posted: 10-Mar-2007 11:42
Be afraid Candid Folky Fuzz Cam is on tour .
Film footage for The Lock In .being edited extra scenes to be included .CCTV footage welcome .
strungoot
Posted: 10-Mar-2007 13:04
Sorry....!! Ahm no sure but is someone gonnae tell me whit planet ahm on.....? confused like hell the noo.........
bigmooth
Posted: 11-Mar-2007 16:49
Onny Onny, keep trying if you will.
But for info:
Yes I run a club and regular theatre gigs.
Yes I run a festival and yes I am a performer in 2 bands.
Happy noo?
Particularly as that info might help me to lose my anonymity on the website.
Or was that your intention?
I am well known to many of the posters here anyway, and I'm sure they are aware of my commitment to music and musicians and that I wouldn't just make things up to be grumpy about.
Further, I'm in full time work not dependant on the music scene for my living and therefore better placed to criticise comfortably off organisers who try to beat performers fees down than other performers who depend on fees and sales for their livelihood.

Summary
Member: No
Currency: £'s (GBP)
Deliver to: United Kingdom
Items: £0.00
Delivery: £0.00
Total: £0.00
Weight: 0g
New Arrivals
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
Ross Ainslie
Ross Ainslie - Wide Open
£13.27
Out of Stock!
Atlantic Roar
Skipinnish
Atlantic Roar
£13.27
Out of Stock!
© Foot Stompin' Celtic Music Development by Ayeonet Limited
Visa Credit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Debit payments supported by WorldPay Visa Electron payments supported by WorldPay Mastercard payments supported by WorldPay Maestro payments supported by WorldPay American Express payments supported by WorldPay Diners payments supported by WorldPay JCB payments supported by WorldPay WorldPay Payments Processing